Symphonie 3 power consumption

Is there any change in the power consumption of the Symphonie 3 logger relative to the previous Symphonies?

I have a new install, powered by a GSM iPack on a battery, which is discharging about twice as fast as I expected based on previous installs with the same size battery.

If there is a higher power consumption, then I'll need to recalculate my battery size. If not, then I probably have a bad battery.

I've previously calculated with 60 mA-hr / day for the 12V-2V DC-DC converter and 12.5 mA-hr / day for the daily GSM call, plus a safety factor of 2 in determining battery size.

There is a slight change in power consumption between the SP3 and older Symphonie loggers, but it would not cause a noticeable change in battery life where an iPack is installed.

The older Symphonie loggers draw upwards of 600 uA (that's micro-amps!) with a full suite of sensors attached. SP3 loggers draw upwards of 1000 uA with a full suite of sensors. Note that this does not include excitation for sensors requiring an iPack (BP, RH, digital anemometers,...).

Archived