Windlinx service

vinhquyen

Hello Sir/Mad,

I have a .ipk file from my iPack. But the Ipack is not here. I want to reset patch from my office.

I am not sure that the Windlinx service can be used in this case

I am sorry for understanding about the Windlinx.

If the Windlinx service isn't used to reset patch from my office, How can i do that?

Thank you very much,

vinhquyen

Hello,

Using your .ipk file and a recent .rwd file from the site, you are able to send a configuration patch to the site.  In order to send a reset patch, you will have to send your .ipk file and a recent .rwd file to us at www.support@rnrgsystems.com .  Resetting the logger/iPack cannot be completed by our customers.

Send an email to the above address and let me know if you would like us to send a reset patch to your site.

Kind regards,

Drew

Reset%20button.pngHello Vinhquyen,

The reset of the logger is completed by holding down the reset button on the faceplate of the logger:see picture

The reset will not change any of the parameters that are set in the logger.  It just refreshes the logger with a reboot.

For a reset of the iPack, the 12V battery inside the unit (2- 12V batteries in the Satellite iPacks) will have to be unplugged for 10 minutes, then re-attached,  to complete the reset.

If a reset to the logger/ipack needs to be done remotely, then Renewable NRG Systems has to send the reset patch to your system.  We would need the .ipk file from the iPack plus a recent .rwd file in order to complete the reset patch.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Kind regards,

Drew

Hello Drew,

Thanks for your information

If a reset to the logger/ipack needs to be done remotely, Renewable NRG Systems has to send the reset patch to my system. The NRG Systems need the .ipk file from the iPack and .rwd file in order complete the reset patch. I mean that How does NRG System do that ( reset to logger/ipack remotely)? I can't reset to logger/ipack remotely, can i ?

I am so sorry for using my english. My english is not good

Best regards,

vinhquyen

Hello Vinhquyen,

Thank you for your reply. 

Renewable NRG Systems is the only one who can send Reset patches to customers iPacks in order to keep the systems safe from fraudulent activity.

If you could send us an e-mail at support@rnrgsystems.com I will be able to send you information and instructions on sending configuration patches and other pictures to help with instructions.

The forum is very useful, but it does not have all the options compared to sending emails.

Thank you,

Drew

• 1 month later...

Hello Vinhquyen,

There is a way to remotely access your iPack and change the parameters.  It is called a configuration patch. I have attached the Application Note describing this process.  Please let me know if the attachement works on the Forum.

Future requests and questions are easily answered by emailing us at www.support@rnrgsystems.com.  It is much easier for us to respond with attachments and instructions through email.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Thank you,

Drew

anConfigurationPatch.pdf

Archived