NRG #110s tranfer funcion

JPedro

Hi

Im making a program to integrate some sensors from NRG in a CampbellSci CR1000 but im having some doubts in the tranfer function that are presented in the specification sheets

for example: in the spec sheet of the NRG #110s i have that the tranfer equation is

Temp = (Voltage * 55,55) - 86,38

This, tells me that im going to read temp between -86,36?C and 52,50?C, correct?

But the same spec sheet tells me that this sensor gives me an output of 0V to 2,5V in a range of -40?C to 52,50?C, that result in the equation

Temp_1 = ( Voltage * 37) - 40

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks for your time

JPedro

Good point.

The 110S temperature sensor's output is a linear function:

[TEMP = (Voltage x
55.55) ? 86.38 C]

Using this formula, you can derive that at -40 C the output voltage of the sensor is 0.835 V. The range of voltage outputs the sensor will show from -40 C to +52.50 C is 0.835 V to 2.50 V.

Does that answer your question?

More or less. So what you are saying is that the sensor has a "dead band" between 0V and 0,835V? shouldnt that be in the spec sheet? is this a issue just of this sensor or is this present in other sensors?

Best regards

JPedro

I understand what you are saying:

The spec shows that the output of the sensor is 0 to 2.5V, when in fact it is 0.835 to 2.5V. This is the only sensor in our suite that behaves this way.

We state the 0 to 2.5V spec to show the type of input that is compatible with more generally. I apologize for any confusion.

Archived