Does NRG have a official position about what NRG#40C anemometers that could be affected by the vibratory mode will be replaced and what will be the procedure for this replacement?
- Should the customers send data to NRG in order to prove that their anemometers are presenting the vibratory mode?
- Should the customers return their anemometers to NRG?
- What about the unsued anemometers?
- Should the anemometers be within their period of warranty in order to be replaced?
- Which costs are covered by NRG and which by the customers?
Thanks in advance for your answers.