Bad/Unused GSM PIN Number

waverlyj

The Bad GSM PIN Number (or Unused GSM PIN Number) error message is given for the following reasons:

The SIM card is not seated/installed correctly.

For instructions on Installing a SIM card into a GSM iPack, please see page 37 of the latest version of the manual, available on the Tech Support section of our website.

The SIM card is not activated with the GSM provider.

The GSM Pin box is checked within the Setup Phone window, (Site->Modify iPack Settings, Options->Setup Phone), in SDR when a PIN is not required or is not correct:

GSM PIN

• 9 months later...

Hi all,

I have a problem with my ipack. I got only from time to time data from the logger. Too check out what happen I went to the site to do a antenna test, call now test, battery test etc.! Everytime while I do the tests the ipack shows me the message that my PIN number is wrong; but it isn't! Thats for sure because the SIM card works in my cellphone. What could cause the problem, is the ipack maybe damaged?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Best regards

Jan

Hi Jan,

Have you checked the PIN number as outlined above in Waverly's post?  If the iPack is configured with a SIM PIN when the SIM doesn't require one, it can cause errors.

In many international applications, SIM cards are setup with PINs.  Often times the PIN is '1111' by default.  If the SIM card that you use for your personal account is setup this way, and the iPack's SIM is setup this way, you will see the iPack's SIM work in your phone without having to make any security settings changes in your phone.

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the fast response. I forgot to point out that the ipack worked for 3 month without any problems. Suddely it stops. At first I assume that I had a bad signal on-site, but the antenna test fails with the PIN error message. The signal stregth of my cellphone is very well. Any idea?

Regards

Jan

Often when the site fails to call after successful calls for a period of time it has to do with the account setup. You may want to contact your cellular provider to make sure the account is still active, and still setup for:

• Data transmit (2 to 5 MB)

• GPRS

Does the PIN error show up when you try a forced call ([HOME][3][4][1])?

Thats right. Home 341 and then the message pops up. It happens also when I press Home 342. The account is active, it works in my cellphone. I will ask my provider to check the Sim card and my accont, maybe it is not working very well...I will keep you updated.

regards

Jan

Archived